From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 13:53:37 -0400
At 06:12 PM 9/23/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I've just fitted a new HDD and reinstalled W98 etc. A strange 'Shutdown'
>problem has occured:
>
>The best way of describing it is that "Windows closes down too fast ...
>therefore Scandisk runs on every boot up!!'
>
>I can provide more specific hardware information if required ... but I am
>hoping that there is a 'quick fix'?

Mike:

You might try disabling Fast Shutdown. To get there go
START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM TOOLS/System Information Utility. When
there, under Tools start System Configuration Utility and click on the
Advanced box under the General tab. That will take you to the Advanced
Troubleshooting Settings. Down the list the is a box you can check to
Disable Fast Shutdown. If it is already checked, I'm lost!

Good Luck,

Peter Darrach

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions