From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:33:19 -0400
Marilyn,

The AMD Athlon XP CPU is one of AMD's latest chips.  1500+ indicates
"comparative" speed to an Intel chip (according to AMD).  Not the fastest of
that line, but it should be more than adequate for your stated purpose.

The price is average to good, compared to systems for sale in my area.  The
break point for me would be what kind of warranty they are offering (see
below *).

As other's have recommended, bumping the memory to 256MB (or better) is a
good idea.

*For personal purposes, I buy just about any brand because I can't help
tinkering with the things so warranty is optional (it's an addiction as well
as what I do for a living).  For business purposes, so I don't have to
tinker with them, we buy Dell computers.  We get a three year on-site
warranty on our Dell purchases and their support has been outstanding during
the last two years.  This is a personal and professional opinion.  No, I
don't work for Dell.

Fred Nielson