From:
Paul Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:37:59 +0200
Hi there on the list I'm having a problem installing Mandrake on my computer.  I boot from CD get the install screen it goes through the boot messages then I have a black screen with a blue line under and over in the midle is a message trying to access CD ROM .  I let it go for 10 min The CD rom spins but doesn't seem to read.  Tried 2 other CDs(v8,0 v8,2 v9,0) same problem.  I havent had any problems with the ROM  so I doubt that it is defect. Computer Config

PI 166 MHz
Gigabyte 586tx3 mainboard
128 Mb pc133 RAM
2 hard drives on 1st IDE
Teac 540e 2nd IDE master
Traxdata 8x4x32x 2nd slave

P.S. I have run a Live Eval on this machine without any problems
Thankfull for any hints
Paul Ryan