Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:42:47 +1100
This maybe another great "brand name" feature, but have you tried to set the
jumper on cdrom to "cable select"?  I have worked with compaq PC that won't
accepte anything other than "cable select" jumper position.  It gave me
similar error message that almost got me to think the IDE controller on mobo
was gone, and took me a while to find the "jumper magic".

Jun Qian