From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:38:34 -0800
  Odds are good that that space is taken up by the old Linux install.
Microsoft's tools typically ignore non-MS partitions.  Luckily, third party
utilities aren't so picky; I've been a very satisfied user of Partition
Magic for several years now, and I'm sure it could tell you what this is
and, assuming you probably want to reclaim the space, delete it and extend
your new partition to include that space.

David Gillett

On 19 Jan 2005 at 12:11, Charles Bennett wrote:

> I am converting an old server to home use.  It had Win2000 server and
> Linux installed.  But no passwords to gain access.  So I have
> formatted the hard drive with Win 2000 as per the manual.  Everything
> is fine, except there is 3gig of space taken up by something.  I know
> Win2000 cannot be using that much space and I am thinking that the old
> OS or something is protected from format.
>
> Any suggestions?  It is only a 9gig drive and I hate giving up a third
> to something I can't use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles Bennet
>

> IBM Z-Pro