From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:00:27 -0500
There are several software applications that can test RAM.
Nuts & Bolts has this feature in it's suite of tools.
So does WinCheckit.

But THE ABSOLUTE best test is to use a special
machine which is designed to test RAM sticks.

Here in the US, we have something called a "Trade Show".
This is where lots of vendors come to town and set up a
temporary shopping center of computer parts, software, and systems.

At these trade shows there are vendors who deal in RAM.
They have all have this special machine and will test your DIMM
 __IF__ they think you are going to trade it in for a larger module.
(evil grin)

If you have this available to you, make sure you practice ALL
anti-static precautions.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====