From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:12:34 -0700
Some time ago I posted a question about fixing a scratch on an LCD screen.
The feedback I got, and some additional research I did showed that to
"properly" fix it requires the removal and re-application of the anti-glare
coating. This is a rather expensive procedure that costs several hundred
dollars. Not feeling that the barely noticeable "rainbow effect" caused by
the small scratch was worth that much money to fix, I decided to ignore it.

Continuing to think about it, I decided to try a simple, free solution. It
worked! So now I am sharing it with you in case others run into this
problem. The "rainbow" was being caused by the lack of anti-glare coating
which was scratched off at that location. I just took some white candle wax
and rubbed it gently on the scratch. Then I took a soft tissue, slightly
moistened it and gently rubbed off the excess wax that surrounded the
scratch. The results were great - the screen looks like new again.

I don't think this will work for deeper scratches, but at least it may be
worth trying since the wax will not hurt the screen any more than it is
already hurt, and the wax can be removed.

Peter

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml