From:
"Stephen J. Link" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:38:48 -0500
I have been having trouble with my daughter's 486 machine that I built for
her.  It had one of those 486dx/25s with a major heat problem.  I believe
this was causing most of the problem.  Now that I have pulled it out, are
there any suggestions on salvaging this mobo and cpu?
I am still having trouble with the sound card (creative labs) conflicting
with the NIC card.  They are both at address 300.  I can't find the docs on
the NIC card but the sound card can be changed through software.  I get the
sound working properly for a day or two and then it goes away again.  Any
suggestions?

Steve Link
Computers For Causes
http://www.translog.org/causes.htm