From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:01:35 -0500
When it says it can't find the file and gives you the dialog box on where to look, click on details.  It will tell you where the file needs to go (i.e. system, windows, wherever).  Use that path, and if it was previously installed or Win 98 had the file it will be there. It is a laborious procedure to do that for 30 files individually, but I've done it and it works.

>One thing to try would be this:  When the computer asks for your W98 disk,
>change the target directory to c:\windows\system, or c:\windows\system32 or
>just c:\windows.  Try each one until one works.  This usually works for me,
>hope it helps you out.
>
>Tony Mayer
>Sysop
>The Magic FunHouse BBS
>http://bbs.magicom.net
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to install an Airlink wireless network adapter for my father's
>>computer (Pentium II, Win98se).  The problem is that he bought the laptop
>>used and he doesn't have the Win98se CD.  The installation procedure
>>requires it and I don't have it.  I've tried contacting the company, but
>>haven't received a response yet.
>>
>>Any suggestions on how to get those files I need (about 30 of them)?

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.