From:
Don Kendrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:31:37 -0400
Thanks to all who responded. . . Your info suggested that we were not
shipped the proper device.

My friend has since called the vendor, explained the circumstance, and they
have agreed that they made a mistake. They are now shipping a real LS120
drive.

Again thans to your collective inputs, I am now confident that I will have
no problems installing it when it arrives.

dk

At 09:59 PM 6/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>I was fortunate in obtaining an installation and user guide from Imation
>Canada. Here is what it says about the cable installation,
>
>12 " Attach the supplied IDE cable to the rear of the SuperDisk drive.
>         Make sure Pin 1 (identified by the red stripe or marking) on the
cable
>         is on the side closest to the power connector. Holding the SuperDisk
>         drive right side up with the rear of the unit facing you, the red
wire
>         should be on the right side of the cable. When positioned correctly,
>          you should not need to force the connection but will feel a
>slight resistance
>          followed by a slight click. DO NOT use the the floppy drive cable
>supplied with your
>           computer.
>
>           After you have successfully attached the supplied IDE cable to
>           the SuperDisk drive, plug the other end of the IDE cable into an
>           available IDE connector(often, but not always, located on the
>           motherboard).

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html