From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:52:50 -0600
As others have pointed out, there are some AT PII mb's.

However, consider this:  the Pentium II is in a large package
that is placed perpendicular to the motherboard.  If you have
not seen one in real life, be sure have a look before buying
a mb and chip.  The problem is that the new mb may fit quite
well into your box, but there may be insufficient clearance for
the PII.

Also, be warned that the ATX case is not standard.  It is best
to know what mb you are going to use.  Most cases come with
two cutouts for the two most popular types of mb back ends,
but there are at least six different kinds of mb's, so you want
to be sure to have the right kind.  (The back end of the mb has
serial, parallel, USB, and keyboard in fixed locations.  The
locations can be different from brand to brand.)

Dean Kukral