From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:07:15 -0400
Hi

I use pc troubleshooter, a commercial retail product ($$$), that is OS
independent.
I used to use check it before obtaining this one.
I'm sure if you did a search you could find a downloadable program that
would do similar.

I have not seen that warning personally, so I don't know.  Press f8 on
startup and try running the dos version or
maybe if you change video settings to standard vga in the regular windows
mode and then rebooted in the safe mode, you might not get that error.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Joe wrote:
Run a test program in the "DOS" mode and you can tell if it is a hardware or
software issue.

What's a good Dos test program?

Also, I recently needed to run Scandisk in Safe Mode, but Win98 frightened
me off with the  warning that I'd risk corrupting the video driver. What's
the risk, and how big?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com