From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:13:54 -0500
Don't forget the floppy drive, if you need one.  Also you will need an OS
(Windows 95, 98, or NT most likely).  Get the Celeron if you are interested
in overclocking, although the AMD is higher performance-per-price as is.
The Jaton Riva 128ZX 8MB / AGP 2x video card should be very cheap and
(unlike some Jaton products) seems to work well and last forever for under
$50.  KDS has a cheap 17" .26 that I've had good luck with.  0.28 is
acceptable, anything less should be less grainy (.26 is better, .25 is
great).  You can save on the sound card going with something other than
Creative (Yamaha card, STB sound rage, etc.).
Martin Kurr
QUALITY ENGINEER
FBG GLADSTONE
ph 812-348-4415