From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:36:23 -0600
michele;
I found this at:
http://www.activewin.com/tips/short/short_tips_1.shtml
"You can backup windows update files prior to pressing the ok sign after
downloading
the updates by: loading explorer goto \windows you should see a msdownld.tmp
folder
containing the updates.
*you may have to view all files*"
I have never tried it, but it sounds promising.

I also found where you can order a windows 98 service pack cd from
microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/servicepacks/Windows/98/
All it says on price is  "a nominal shipping and handling charge may be
required"
         Larry Fisk
          Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho