From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:39:07 -0500
When programs show the amount of installed memory is less than the actual
physical amount of memory installed, usually this means that the integrated
video capability is reserving this amount of memory not showing up for its
own use.

Crucial (as well as other memory manufacturers) maintain a database that you
can access that shows what memory should be compatible with your system.
For example, see this page:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Compaq%2BPresario&mfr=Compaq&tabid=AM&model=Presario+7360&submit=Go

Tiny version: http://tinyurl.com/aa83k

There should be no problem adding either the 128MB or the 256MB module that
Crucial indicates will work with your system, leaving in the 64mb module
already there.  Perhaps the only thing to keep an eye on is that the system
continues to use the latency timings for the current 64mb module, since the
newer modules may default to faster timings that the old module can't keep
up with.

You can use MemTest86 after you've installed the memory to make sure all is
as it should be.

John Sproule