From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:53:01 -0400
From: "Tom Waddell"  Where are Win Vista Media Center movies stored?

>Need to know where the movies and other TV programs I have
>downloaded through Windows Vista Media Center are stored.
>Not talking about the programs I have edited and saved. They are
>in "MY VIDEOS" folder. Would like to see how much space the
>movies I have saved, but not edited, are taking up. This will help
>me determine how big a HD I need in an older computer I am
>rebuilding to use as a DVR with our wide screen TV. I currently
>have an 80GB HD. Anyone know how much space an hour of
>non HiDef TV content will take up?

You go through the interface and can select as many storage locations as it will allow.
To find, IIRC, search for the file extension    *.dvr-ms
In other words, they are (or could be) in a number of user selectable locations.

FWIW, I switched to a 500G HD with mutiple partitions and can currently
save 130 hrs depending on resolution. (IIRC I can choose from 4 or 5 sizes.)

Rick Glazier

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads