From:
"Larry A. Kaduce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:55:56 -0600
I would recommend Zone Alarm Pro, which has settings that work with Linksys
Routers on a network. It not only blocks unwanted traffic, but will not
allow any workstation to access the Internet if they shut down Zone Alarm.
It's available at www.zonelabs.com.

Also for VPN, I have struggled to get it to finally work, but I found a much
easier solution, Real VNC. It's easy to use, makes a very small footprint
and has no security issues that I have found. If I was transferring
sensitive information from a bank headquarters to a branch office, I'd stick
with VPN, but for most businesses, VNC will work just fine. It is freely
available at: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/index.html

Larry A. Kaduce

---

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,