From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:43:59 -0400
Although the hard drives might fit in either laptop, the data on them is
very specific for running each laptop.
.
For the laptop that you have a system disk:  start the laptop, when you
see 'to enter bios' or 'to enter setup' push 'xx', push that key or
keys.  Usually it's F1, F2, F5, F8, etc. it's different on different
laptops.  Hopefully, you can get into the setup screens.  You then need
to go thru the screens to find the startup/boot sequence - it should
give you options as to the first place the laptop tries to read
information to start up - usually floppy disk drive a or b, cd drive,
hard drive c are the most common options.  You want to start with floppy
drive a or b so it can try to read your system disk first.  Once you set
that, save the changes and exit the setup.  Insert the floppy disk and
restart the computer.  That hopefully will at least get it started.
That will also indicate that the main components are working ok.  Shut
it down, remove the floppy and restart it.  If it doesn't start up,
write down the error messages that you get, if any, or the number of
beeps if it beeps, or describe what happens.
Beyond that, knowing error messages/beeps/describe, laptop make and
model #, and what operating system  is installed, would be needed to
determine what options are available to reinstall software or otherwise
correct the problem.
Paul Hachmeyer

Teresa wrote:

>I have 2 lap top computer,One stopped working and the other one is an older one but works(or was working fine,I guess i should say)I took the hard drive from the newer one and put it in the other,I couldnt get it to work,So I put it back in the one it came out of.Now whin I boot my computer it ask for a system disk and the one one I made for this computer befor removing the hard drive well not work.I looked in,system setup and it says HARD DISK MODE-NOT USED.What does this mean and what can I do?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml