Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 09:15:51 -0400
Hi all.

I've been working on this computer for about three days now.  I need some
input on what you all think the problem might be.  First symptom that showed
up was that the hard drive was not being detected after a power surge.
After some troubleshooting I determined that the drive was bad.  Got a new
drive installed and installed Windows.  Everything seemed fine.  Next day,
on booting up, I got a "disk boot failure, insert system disk" message.  I
popped in a bootable floppy and started with that.  Did a "sys c:" and
restarted.  Everything seemed fine then.  I got some programs installed and
turned the pc off.  Now on boot-up this morning.  I am getting another "disk
boot failure, insert system disk" message.  What is going on here?  Do you
all think maybe the motherboard is bad and causing these problems?

Thanks
Debi Hummer

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions