From:
Frank Sestir Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:37:37 -0500
On 11/26/2010 8:08 AM, Tom Waddell wrote:
> Where is chkdisk of scandisk in Win 7? I need to check my disk for bad sectors and can not find that function. Used to be under system tools in Accessories

You can solve some computer problems and improve the performance of your
computer by making sure that your hard disk has no errors.

   1. Left Click on Start Icon / Left Click on Computer.
   2.

      Right-click the hard disk that you want to check, and then click
      Properties.

   3.

      Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check
      now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
      confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

      To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the
      scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors.
      Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.

      To perform a thorough disk check, select Scan for and attempt
      recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair
      physical errors on the hard disk itself, and it can take much
      longer to complete.

      To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both
      Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt
      recovery of bad sectors.

   4.

      Click Start.

Depending on the size of your hard disk, this might take several
minutes. For best results, don't use your computer for any other tasks
while it is checking for errors.

      Note

    *

      If you select Automatically fix file system errors for a disk that
      is in use you'll be prompted to reschedule the disk check for the
      next time you restart your computer.

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com