From:
Tim Seaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:49:52 -0400
My PC has completely crashed and is no longer recognizing the operating
system (Windows XP Home).  I am unable to reinstall, as it does not
recognizing the CD Drives either.  When I initially boot up the computer,
I receive the following message:

       Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

If F1 is struck, nothing seems to happen.  Upon striking F2, I am
taken to the Setup Utility as described.  Everything looks normal except
under the boot sequence, which reads as follows:

       1. Hard Disk Drive (not installed)
       2. CD-Rom Device (not installed)
       3. Diskette Drive

Since the A: drive was available; I attempted to use a boot disk to
start the computer.  In doing so, I did manage to get to an A:\> prompt,
but was unable to get any further.  I cannot get the computer to
recognize the CD for reinstallation of the OS.  I receive an error message
telling me I cannot install from DOS.

Can anyone please help me fix this situation, as I need the computer
for both work and school.  Thank you in advance!

Tim Seaton

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com