From:
Susan Llewellyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 07:21:10 -0500
original message:

<Date:    Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:11:33 -0500
From:    Pam Pedersen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: router problems

I'm having a problem with my Linksys router.  I have a cable modem
from Comcast, and my desktop computer stays connected as it
should.  But my laptop (wireless) disconnects and reconnects about
every 20-30 seconds.  The lap top is only a few months old (a
Gateway) and came with the wireless capability.  It worked fine for
awhile but now the intemittent connection seems to be getting
worse.  Does any one have any idea what causes this and how to
correct it?  I've checked various tech sites and it seems this is  a
common problem, but I need help to fix it.

Pam Pedersen

Pam
I also have a wireless Linksys, with two desktops and one laptop (all three are over 4 years old, one Gateway and two Dells), using a cable modem.  We were having similar problems and I went to www.Linksys.com, clicked on Support and then Live Chat.  They were very helpful getting the problem solved.  It did involve changing the "channel". The part I liked best with the live chat was having written instructions on the one desktop while the laptop was right beside it and then getting an email transcript of the chat to print out for future reference.  I have always had good luck with Linksys and their support team.  Hope this helps.
Sue Llewellyn