From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:30:16 +0200
Hi

Well yes, HP is a bit safer to refill...but then again if you plan to by and
Epson colour printer then you obviously need it for graphic work as that it
what these printers excell in, they are not meant to be lean mean text
machines unless you go into their laser printers, their inkjet range is
really more for work where image quality is paramount and unfortunatly to
get this quality the ink is a bit more expensive. I also don't think you'll
fine any inkjet printer that has running costs lower than a Dot-Matrix's
whether you goto HP, Lexmark, Epson etc.. If you want low running costs but
need good quality prints, then perhaps you should rather look at a good
Laser Printer even tho these are expensive to buy...I think in the long run
you'll find them cheaper to inkjets.

Also Epsons catridges ARE refillable but you need to be fairly careful about
how u go about it and it is a very involved process that I found is really
more hassle then its worth as u need to keep air out of the catridges, keep
them clean, keep a watch on the ink levels etc.. I personally prefer to pay
more for a new cartdrige...but then thats me :-)

**Subscribe to [log in to unmask] **
To subscribe to Epson-Inkjet: Send a message to [log in to unmask] with the
words "subscribe epson-inkjet" in the message. No subject is required.

They can help you to do any refilling if you want and can help you to choose
a printer that will suite your needs as many of the members use other types
of printers not just epson and also have used a wide variety of high end to
low end inkjet, laser and dot-matrix printers.

Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://www.club.co.za
Never Fight with a Dragon for thou art Crunchy and goest well with Cheese