Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:01:49 +1300
Man, this can be a gigantic can of worms.
But if you've tried out all the stuff on the aumha site, then I think you
may have to live with the problem, and consider a workaround instead.

If you switch off the machine when it hangs, then re-start, does it run
Scandisk?
If it doesn't run Scandisk, it may reached the point of shut down, without
appearing to, if you get my drift.

Do you have a manual off switch, or electronic?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand