Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:28:10 +1000
Sorry Joe, I have to disagree with you.

I hope my post will not break the rule here, but I think to have my point
clear, I have to tell a little bit about car.  About a few years ago, I had
a nice chat with a car dealer who had a business at a region of Australia,
where most of dealers only sell Toyota. The reason is simple, no one there
(apart from dealer, car repair man ...) ever knows something called "engine
oil", "coolant" or "car service", so they just drive without oil change,
service, check coolant ... until the car break down beyond any repair.
Toyota will last over 100000k and others (eg Ford) only last 50000 or
60000k.  And no one there ever cares to liston what they should do to take
care of cars.

PC market is facing the same situation as the poor car dealer.  Intel CPUs
take more hit before "break down" than AMD, but users should take the
responsbilities, not AMD.  How many people think about "air flow", "proper
cooling", "clean the dust" when they use a PC?  Most of the "die young" CPUs
and video cards I've seen, are result of overheat built up over time.

No offensive to anyone, I just speak what I've seen.

Jun Qian