From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:07:20 -0600
Elizabeth;
Can you get to a dos prompt or are you hitting a startup(boot) password as
opposed to a bios setup password?
 I assume if you can get to dos prompt with a boot, disk you know
about the program "Killcmos" available on the freepctech website?
It will reset the cmos to defaults and do away with a bios passwords.
Somewhere I have a list of supposed "backdoor" passwords for award and ami
bios
but I haven't tested them. Maybe someone on the list does know one that
works
The other alternative is pull the cmos battery, but that will require some
disassembly.