From:
Scott Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:40:03 -0400
Wireless connections require two parts - a computer with a wireless
card/internal wireless hardware and a broadcast (for lack of a better word)
station. Looks like you have the first part, but not the "station".

If you are on only dial-up connection, you never will be able to use a
wireless connection with it as dial-up is strictly telephone line use. You
will need to subscribe to either a DSL or other broadband connection type to
get wireless at home. You will however, be able to use your wireless
capability at hotels and other places that offer either metered ($) or free
wireless internet connections.

Just be sure that you read up some more on wireless security before you jump
in as a wireless connection can be a way for viruses, spyware, malware, and
hackers to break into your system. See
http://www.pdxpc.net/Articles.html#Security for some basic info on this.

Scott D. Burr
www.pdxpc.net

"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the
result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain letters,
petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This
is my contribution to the survival of the online community."

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>