From:
Sean Finnegan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:02:46 -0000
 I upgraded my AST BRAVO 486SX to a 486DX, and changed to windows 95
4.00.950 (previously Windows 3.1), inserted additional memory, now have
20MB.

I now have a problem with the system: When I open a drop menu or dialog box
a smudge is left on the screen after they are closed.

 Sometimes the screen can become so badly smudged that I have to shut down
the computer and reboot.  Other times I can clear this smudging, by
manually pressing the screen refresh button.

I have tried different drivers, and currently have the recommended driver
for the chipset. The problem still persists.

Probably a different video card would solve the problem.

I was thinking maybe there is a software utility which I can install, that
would refresh the display more often and maintain the display free from
smudging.

I would like to know if there is of such a utility and where it can be got.

I would like to hear your opinions, on the best route for me to take.

Any help is appreciated

TIA

Sean Finnegan
 Sean Finnegan
 Trinity College Library         Phone #:   +353 1 8426315
College Street, Dublin 2                email: [log in to unmask]