From:
Vince Teachout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:16:44 -0400
At 09:20 PM 10/19/02 -0700, you wrote:

>The two machines are directly connected via two new PCI nics and a 75'
>cat5 crossover cable. Using the
>networking wizard, I managed to make a connection, and both machines can
>access the other, but not while Zone
>Alarm is running. I've tried adding the IP# to trusted zone but still no
>go. How can I get Zone Alarm to
>ignore this intranet? (Both have a 169.xxx IP#). Running without Zone
>Alarm is not an option. I need some
>basics on getting my games to play as well - should I be looking for
>intranet options within the games? I just
>don't know enough to make this work properly. Thanks in advance once again.

You won't need ZA on the 2nd computer, only on the one that connects to the
internet.    You want to create a trusted subnet in ZA, put in the IP and
the subnet mask.  You MUST include the subnet mask for Zone Alarm to
work.  Once you do that, you should have no problems.  For a small network,
your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0    Make sure both computers have
the same subnet mask.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml