From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:01:09 +0000
I am not sure what you are  referring to. You can set the letter for
your CD-ROM to anything above all the hard drive letters. You CANNOT
force the CD-ROM to be drive D and a new hard drive to be E. It will
default to D for the second hard drive and the CD ROM must be
designated as E or above. (situations with Doublespace and Drivespace
are treated differently).

Hope this clears up the situtation.

Jim

> I think I heard about these kind of problems before.
>
> The problem is Win95 seems only like the letter D for CD-ROM.
>
> Try to use the letter D for CD-ROM and give the second hard disk (or
> partition) a E letter (I hope so).

Jim Maki