From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 00:22:24 -0500
Original post:-

<<< Hello Again,
  I couldn't use the online ID tool you offered, as the computer in question
isn't connected; but Everest tells me the motherboard is PCChips M747 RX-Pro
made by Elitegroup cComputer Co. Will this help to trace the problem with the
display Adapter not upgrading to 256 colors?

  Thanks,

Hi,

i am sorry but there is still some confusion.

(1) pc chips and elite group computer co. are TWO DIFFERENT manufacturers.

(2)M747 RX-PRO.... there does NOT seem to be a "RX-PRO" but there is a BX-PRO.

(3) there is a graphics adapter driver for M747 at driverguide.com but i am not sure it is the correct one so am not giving details in this post.

so..... what i would suggest is you pl check if you have "directx 9.0" in stalled in your computer if not install from the following microsoft link

  http://tinyurl.com/6qa5t

i don't know how (because you say your system does not have internet connection... possibly through a friend's system....hereagain not sure whether it will fit into a floppy...)

if you have directx 9.0  then click  start/run and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) click ok.

in the resulting "directx diagnostic tool" window click on "display"  and note down the device details and post back

let's see if this leads us to the correct driver info.

good luck---Venkat

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml