From:
Ron Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:03:48 -0500
Tom.  I am sending this directly to you as you sent directly to me.  I'll
Bcc PCBUILD.

>Hi ron,
>This problem just won't go away, huh?  Been alot of posts about it.  L1
>cache is the 16 thousand bytes, (32 thousand on newer cpu) built into the
>cpu itself.  L2 is the 512,000 bytes in special memory chips. The L1 cache
>is not configurable on many modern motherboard CMOS.  Don't worry about it.
> Seems like your components are all up to spec.  I saw you posting
>leared up?

NO.  The Secondary Bus Master IDE Controller has the ! on it but I don't use
it anyway.  Also under System Devices there are two entries for IDE Bus.
The second on has an !.  I can't seem to get rid of them.

> Next question, did you load a new install of win95 or did you
>copy the windows directory from the old drive to the new one?  I'm not in
>favor of that, despite all the posts explaining how it is done.  You say
>you used drive copy.  Don't you have the cd's to reload your programs?

I user the program from PowerQuest called DRIVE COPY.  No I haven't reloaded
from CD yet But I will this week.

>As for the posting failures after closing and opening the case, this could
>just be a stressed mounting of a component.  Did all the boards go in easy?
> check the edge connectors are still seated and the motherboard isn't
>touching the case somewhere it shouldn't.

I took the intire machine to the dealer I purchased the MOBO from and the
replaced it, and the video board that I got there also.  The MOBO went bad
and they fried the video while I was there watching.  Smoke but no fire, boy
were they embaressed.

>Last question, who configured the motherboard?  Is it set to the right
>multiplier?  It should be 66mhz and 3.5 multiplier to come up as 233.

I did.  Yes everything was correct according to the distributor and the book
that came with the MOBO.  I knew this.  Thanks for all your suggestions and
help.  I still don't know where in the BIOS to set up L2 cache.