From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 09:14:56 -0700
Hello,

There is a way to find out what is trying to be read. There is a program called "Open Trap" that traps what files get opened, and also which files your system attempts to open and fails to find. You start the program, click the begin logging button, sit there and wait untill the floppy drive seeks, then stop logging and look toward the end of the log file to see what your system was trying to open.

It is available at:

    http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,000OD1,.html

Later, Ray

Mark Givens wrote:

> I have been having this annoying problem with 2 PC's that I work with. The A drive will suddenly activate and try to read a disk even though there is no disk in the drive and I have given it no command to do so. I thought that it may be my antivirus program but each system uses a different one(Norton on 1 and Mcafee on the 2nd) plus I have disabled the antivirus on both systems and it still is seeking something on the A drive. Both systems running w98se. I have a third sytem, also running w98se and it does not do this. 1st 2 systems are a p3 500 and 850 and the third system is an Athlon 650. Any ideas?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com