From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:52:49 -0500
I agree with what David said, and I personally have taken it "to the next level"...
(I fire ISPs and hosts when I have problems they can't solve...)

He says get a free account somewhere... That will look bad on EBay
and could cause mistrust right at the wrong time..
Imagine seeing [log in to unmask]  on someones business card... Are you
going to take them seriously...
This screams, (to some people), I wanted a disposible address,   IMHO...

Anyway, if you do this for a living and HAVE to get the e-mails, you
should consider going with a PAID third party e-mail hosting company.
Some places will provide and register your OWN Domain AND give you
at least one e-mail account for as little as $6 per year.
(I have one of those, and this is NOT that account...)

The good news is, if I have trouble or problems, I have 24 hour
voice technical support on an 800 number...
(I am not affiliated with that company and will not post their name here.)

The only bad part of my suggestion is that you have to be able to handle
something like that on the lower technical levels required to manually
set up a few things in you e-mail program and at your administrative
page(s) at your new host...

I would suggest you ask at the EBay help forums (and here of course)
and see what hosts people are using and if they have this sort of problem...
(No offence to this list, but when I have a clearly identifiable problem,
I go to where there is a high concentration of people talking about that
same problem.  This list is one way to be "pushed" in that direction...)

It is OK to contact me off list to ask me who my host is, or look
at my headers. I have a couple accounts there, and this one is the
more "public" one...
                                                               Rick Glazier

From: "David Gillett"
 (message clipped)