From:
Barry Keith Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:43:06 -0500
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:04:47 -0600, Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When attempting to upgrade the hardware on this Windows 95
>machine, there are some key IRQs etc that remain unresolved. For
>example, the PCI bridge, and a couple of others. Removing the old
>ones does not seem to resolve the problem.
>What is the preferred way to upgrade?
>I do not have access to the original machine with the original
>hardware config. I only have the old hard drive image to  rely on and
>the new config.
>
>Thanks,
>Dharam
>
>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

Go to Settings, Control Panel, System. Open Device Manager, System Devices and
select the problematical ones (One at a time.) and click on Properties, select
the Driver tab and you will have the option to update the driver. All you need
is to have the drivers for your new mobo available either on CD or downloaded
from the mobo manufacturers website. If on CD, automatic search is OK, if not,
specify location.
Hope this helps, Barry K Tyler

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com