From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:12:14 -0500
From: William M. Brown Sent: Sunday, August 15, 1999 11:03 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Freezing of computer system

> Hello.
>
> I am running into a sporadic freezing of my computer system. Sometimes it
> will not freeze at all during a computing session of one to three hours;
> other times it will freeze three or four times in such a session. The
usual
> three-finger-salute (alt-ctrl-del) will not work at all so I could get to
> the point where I can shut down one or more programs. I always am required
> to reboot.
>
> Can anyone give me a procedure to use in tracking down the source of the
> problem or recommend a tool that might help me solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance, Bill.

It would be helpful if you could tell us a little more information on your
computer.  Not knowing how much ram, operating system, cpu, motherboard,
etc. makes it more difficult to help you.  Two thing you might check are: 1.
How much free hard drive space you have available for your swap file,
providing you are using Windows as an operating system.  2.  Check your
resources.  If your resources are to low then that can cause freezes where
even the 3 finger salute will not help.

Mary Wolden

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>