From:
Michele Sayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:46:56 -0000
Well, I don't know who Peter is, but DELPART.EXE worked in my case. FDISK
(win98) or Tom's single disk Linux didn't do anything for this particular
partition.
I suppose  it might depend on what the partition is, and, in my case, I
didn't have a clue. All I do know is, it's gone now, and I will keep the
floppy just in case I need it in the future, although I'll keep a note of
the Linux one as well.
(I have a few second hand hdd's here)
I ran it from within windows from A: drive, and it worked perfectly, deleted
the partition immediately.
I didn't delete the other partition from within windows, as I wasn't sure
what would happen if I deleted a partition that I was using.(Windows would
have just disappeared, I suppose?)
I ran the FDISK to delete my windows partititon, then repartitioned it and
reformatted. I checked again, and it showed that my primary partition is
using 100% of disk space, which is exactly what I wanted.
Like I said, it worked for me, and I would recommend it, because it was so
easy. (Not too many buttons to click on, very basic, suited me fine.)
M.Sayer

Peter, are you saying this Linux version of FDisk can substitute for the MS
version?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown