From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:16:37 -0700
At 07:09 AM 03/05/2001, Plau Tiwana wrote:
>Hi
>friends
>My computer Pll 300 , 128 RAM, win98SE, 13 GB HD, ATI Rage Xpert video,
>Creative Lab SB Aive etc
>has been crashing a lot.  I reformated the HD and installed win 98SE.
>It is working, it picked up all the drivers, except the internal modem and
>the attached scanner.
>I took it to a tecnician. He found the following lines in Device manager,
>under Other devices in Yellow
>
>? PCI Mass storage Controller
>? PCI Mass storage Controller
>?PCI Multimedia devise
>?PCI Serial controller
>
>He tried to fix them from CMOS, IRQ conflict etc, but could not .Finally ,
>He says I need a new MoBo.
>I brought the computer back,  again formated HD and reinstlled win 98. It
>works fine now.
>It did not pick up the internal modem, I used my external USR. This worked.
>But the four yellow lines with question marks under in Device Manager in
>Other devices are there.
>i m afraid soon it will start giving me problems.
>any Ideas, tips, help will be appreciated.

The missing items you see are not the fault of a bad motherboard,
rather you need the proper drivers for the motherboard.  Those
four items are motherboard drivers and they are running your
motherboard very slowly compared to using the proper drivers.
Generally, Windows98 has drivers for most motherboards, but
in some cases, especially motherboards with chipsets released
after Windows98 was released have this problem.

You should be able to download the proper drivers from either the
manufacturer of your PC or from the Motherboard manufacturer.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml