From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:51:56 -0500
The eMachines web site shows these drivers:
http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T%20Series&model=T3104
You will want the one for Video.
I don't know if this will change your maximum resolution or not.

All I did to get this was google "eMachines T3104 drivers".

Ron

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Joyce A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The default screen resolution of the new monitor is 1366 by 768 pixels, but
> the computer's own maximum preset resolution is 1280 by 768 pixels.  I tried
> the minimum pixel setting (800 by 600 pixels) and the pictures got worse --
> stretched out more.  So I tried maximum, and the pictures were then squeezed
> up tall and thin!  I've been trying to obtain the URL where I can download
> the updated resolution drivers from the makers, only to run into a bunch of
> personnel at Gateway "customer service" who keep on telling me things I
> already know -- and who obviously don't know how to spell!  :::sigh:::
> Does anyone know if I can change those resolution presets without some kind
> of download?  If this thing isn't right by Tuesday, I'm going to pack the
> monitor into its original case, take it back to Best Buy, and trade it back
> for a standard monitor.
>
> Joyce in SE Ohio
> eMachines T 3104 with Win XP, SP 2, upgraded to a 160-gig HD
>

> Richard Glazier wrote:
>
>> Find out the default screen resolution for the new monitor and set
>> the Display Resolution to that in the Video Properties section
>> of the OS.
>> Your video drivers and video memory might not be up to that task.
>> Let us know how you make out.
>>
>> Rick Glazier
>>
>> From: "Joyce A" Subject: [PCBUILD] New monitor stretching everything!
>>

>>  I have an older (three years) eMachines that I bought as a package deal:
>>>  monitor, processor, and printer.  The old monitor failed to turn on this
>>> morning, so I bought a new 18.5" widescreen flat panel monitor and just
>>> hooked it up a little while ago.  Now everything, including pictures and my
>>> "wallpaper" is distorted, stretched out horizontally, and I can't get things
>>> to square up properly.   I hate that!  Surely there is some way to put
>>> things back into proportion with this thing?  Help?  TIA!
>>>
>>> Joyce in SE Ohio
>>>

>       The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
>          web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
>             Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml