From:
"Michael A. Wosnick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 08:39:20 -0500
Bill,

My experience, little as it is so far, supports Mary's contention. I am
using the most recent version of ZA, and as soon as I installed ICS, ZA
realized it and told me that I should reduce my Internet Security to medium.
It never said, "oops we are incompatible". SO I assume that ZA believes that
it is perfectly functional with ICS installed as long as the Internet
Security is not "high".

Having said that, I simply cannot get my client computers to access the
internet at all, even though I have set ZA security to "medium" (local
security is also at "medium" - do I need that setting??) and additionally ZA
is set to allow traffic on the internal LAN adapter, and have even given it
the full range of IP addresses of my internal LAN as permissible IP
addresses to allow.

I must therefore still be doing something wrong. Any thoughts? Note, I have
NOT yet re-installed ZA on the client computers, only tried it on the
gateway computer. At the moment, I am running firewall-free, but then I have
also made sure that I unbound all file and printer sharing from any of my
TCP/IP protocols, and limited file and printer sharing only to NetBEUI
protocols bound to my phonelink adapter. Therefore my shares should not be
visible to the outside world anyway, correct??

Michael