From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:33:17 -0400
> I recently put together an inexpensive PC for my parents and the USB isn't
> working.  It consists of a Redfox MB (AT - 100 bus), AMD K6 450
> CPU, 64 SDRAM
> (100), Sound Blaster Awe sound card, 32X Creative CD rom, 56K
> Diamond modem,
> Logitech mouse, running Windows 98.  Other than a few problems
> with the mouse
> when on AOL, everything is working fine EXCEPT the USB.  I tried
> plugging in
> my digital camera, but it doesn't recognize it.  I loaded in all
> the software
> for the camera, just in case it would make a difference, but
> still nothing.

     Well there are a few more details we need. Does Win98 detect the USB
port? Open up device manager and look for the USB port, if it's there with
no red x then your problem lies somewhere else. If it's not there, perhaps
you didn't enable it in your BIOS? If there is a red X on it then there is
some sort of conflict with what the port wants and with what some other
device wants. Let us know, TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org