From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:05:06 -0800
Dave

Unfortunately you left out a lot of information that might help
although, if the MB's were shorting out, I believe the problems should
have shown up right from the beginning. Therefor, the problems are
likely related to something else.

Russ has offered one possibility though I would not expect it to have an
incidence rate higher than a few percentage points or else the MB's
exhibiting these conditions would have acquired a very poor reputation.
What is the percentage of MB's exhibiting the problem? Is the "problem"
really the same for each problem machine?

What really is the problem? What happens in detail when one tries to
start the problem computers? Noises, lights, messages, beeps, etc. or
truly nothing. What do you mean by "we have tried power supply"?

Are the problem computers all in one lab or are they spread out amongst
several labs? Just a thought that the AC power supply to one or more
labs could be a problem, but not severe enough to affect all the
machines or even every problem machine all the time. Is the AC power to
the computers/labs direct or filtered (through an UPS system or such)?

What do you do to get the computers to eventually start? Just try again?
How long between attempts?

Hopefully with more information, the forum members can help solve this
issue.

Tom

On 3/4/2010 8:09 AM, Dave P wrote:
> I work at a school we have several labs of machines with a D915GLVG motherboards in them. Some seem to be going bad. The symptom is they won't turn on. We have tried power supply. The odd part is it is intermittant. Has anybody ever seen this before. My one thought is the motherboard is shorting to the frame somehow. Thank You

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com