Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 11:55:03 -0700
The NEC PC/PR101 J180 printer appears to have been subcontracted as it is an
exact copy of the HP660, besides it is labelled as an HP design. Using Google I
verified that the proper driver for such a printer is the HP660C. I had
downloaded the latest drivers from HP which still don't work. I had also swapped
the cable with one from a working HP4L. Thanks for the advice but I think it is
time to throw in the towel and send this in for repairs.

Let me give you one last piece of advice.  You could buy a brand new inkjet HP
printer for much less than the repairs will cost.  You will get stuck for
anywhere from $25-$50 just for the techie to look at it and diagnose the
problem.  Parts are not going to be available, and those that are will cost an
arm and a leg.  Heck, if you really want an HP 660 go look on ebay for one.  HP
has its Apollo line with a color inkjet for $69.00.  The 660 is a museum piece,
and is very definitely not worth fixing.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com