From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:54:03 -0700
Memorex has been making burners for a long time, and has always been
considered in the middle as far as quality is concerned. However,I have
recently purchased a couple of Lite-On 32 and 40x12x48 cd-rw burners. In
fact ,I just last week ordered, and am awaiting delivery of the second one
=  40X for $53.50 plus 5.50 S&H. You will find lots of vendors selling
Lite-ons  for around this price ...check www.pricewatch.com.

  I bought the 32 speed in May and have been extremely happy with it. It is
a excellent burner and Lite-On is a well known brand with a great
reputation http://www.liteonit.com/index-english.htm. CD burners and media
are really inexpensive right now because the costs of DVD burners and media
are finally down to reasonable amounts, with prices  as low as 300 dollars
and media as cheap as 7 dollars. These prices are similar to what CD
Burners were when I bought my first CDR = 2 Speed!

The only problem with DVD burners that they haven't really settled in on a
universal standard. When they do that,... I will buy one.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com