Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 00:12:02 -0800
I have a IDE Mitsumi CR-2801TE ....flashed with the latest
firmware.....that is about 9 months and 75 burns old. It is slow but
reliable and I have never had a problem with burning data CDs until a
couple of days ago. The burner locks up during the burn..usually toward the
end. After the first bad burn I don't burn anything without doing the test
first and it fails during the test.

First I checked the cable and power connection...I swapped out the ribbon
cable to be sure it was good.....no change.

Then I removed and reinstalled...re configured EZ CD Creator Deluxe 3.5b.
no change.

Then I tried a different media and got a successful burn and I thought OK
..bad media. But with the next burn I am back to the same problem...and
then inexplicably I get a successful  burn  ....maybe on a few meg
directory ...

EZ Creator doesn't give any warning messages and I have to fight my way to
a restart of Win98 after it locks.

I think this is a problem with the burner OR some bad file in the
OS..however I am not having any other software or OS problems.

Has anyone seen this sort of behavior before ? Any idea....solutions ?

Thanks

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]