From:
Tom Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:44:03 -0400
I am in the process of getting an external HD for backup. I currently have 4 computers I could backup, 2 wired desktops, a wired computer hooked up to my HDTV and a wireless laptop. Looking for a backup drive that will allow me to back up all the 3 wired computers on a schedule and backup the laptop manually. Looked at the WD World Book NAS but it does not have another input to hook up the laptop. Looked at the Seagate Free Agent Go Flex USB 3 that I could share, but it limits me to 3 computers. Any thoughts?

The computer I have connected to my HDTV is old. It has a Pentium 4 running at about 3G with 2GB memory. It works great once it is up and running, no chatter when watching movies etc. However it is slow booting up and changing pages when I am on the net. Thinking of keeping the memory but upgrading the MB and processor. Is it worth it, or would I be better off getting a media player? My guess is it would allow me to stream recorded or live video from my computer to the HDTV. One problem is the TV is in another room. Stopping, starting, pausing and rewinding would be a problem. Currently I watch / record TV video onto the TV computer and control it with a remote. Can even rewind live TV for a short way back. My guess is I would loos that with a medis player.

Any thoughts?

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com