From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 20:57:15 +1000
Don wrote:
>a small pop-up window appears briefly with the
>message, "Add served by FBrowser Advisor" immediately followed by a full
>page advertisement. This thing has apparently planted itself deep into the
>system and concealed itself so all the above programs cannot find it.>>

Have a look in Add/Remove Programs and see if you can remove FBrowser from
there. It is a small alternative browser, though I've no idea how it could
have got onto your system without you installing it.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml