From:
LAN400GEEK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:25:51 EST
Frank, I would put a blank formatted diskette into the DOS 6.22 machine and
from the c: prompt type "sys a:" (without the quotes) and press <enter>, and
after the system is transferred to the diskette, from the c: prompt type
"cd\dos" <enter> and then at the c:\dos prompt type "copy inter*.* a:"
<enter>, and then go to the c: prompt on the DOS 6.22 machine and type "help
interlnk.sys" or "help interlnk.exe" and make a note of the switches you will
need to set up a serial connection on the host and client, and after the files
are copied and you have made a note of your switches type "edit a:\config.sys"
<enter> and on the first line type "device=a:\interlnk.sys (and any additional
switches)" and press the alt key and f key together (alt-f) and press s to
save and "alt-f, x" to exit.  This will now be a bootable diskette to boot
your Win95 machine into DOS 6.22 and will load interlink for you
automatically. (Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have access to a
DOS 6.x machine right now.)
HTH

Reid Collier
City IS Manager
Sanibel Island, Florida
In a message dated 98-03-09 03:49:23 EST, Frank wrote:
<<
 I want to link 2 computers via their serial ports in a
 manner similar to the DOS 6.22 Interlnk.  The problem is
 that one computer runs Win95, and the other runs DOS 6.22
 and is capable of running Win3.1.  However, it will never be
 able to run Win95.  The Win95 Direct Cable Connection is not
 compatible with DOS Interlnk, and it won't run under 3.1.
 Any suggestions?
 --

 Frank Shelleby, Jr. >>