From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:57:19 -0800
On 28 Mar 98 at 10:17, grt wrote:

> Anyone happen to know the jumper settings for a Samsung WU 32543A IDE
> drive (2.54 GB) ?

  One of the features I have long appreciated about Samsung drives is
that they print the jumper settings on the drive housing, where
they're almost impossible to lose.

> Looking at the J5 jumper block I saw this
>
> DXX DCX C-S (cable select) M-A (jumper on is master (one drive),
> jumper off is slave)
>

> There is no information on configuring it as master (dual) and no explanation
> of the DXX and DCX pins.

  On some drives, "one drive" and "master (dual)" are different
jumper settings, but this has been becoming less common.  I'd
interpret "master (one drive)" to indicate a single setting that
covers both cases.
  I've never had to do anything with DXX or DCX.

David G