From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:27:23 -0600
Reposted for a friend:

I'm building a new Athlon 600 mhz Slot A based system. I bought a new
motherboard with the AMD Irongate Chipset. The motherboard is a OAASN Jabil
(Kadoka) AMD Motherboard built for Gateway(Gateway part #4000646). The
available documentation is very poor. After extensive searching Gateway's
Website, I'm turning to you for help. My new Mid-Tower case has individual
Front Panel Harness Connectors for: (HDD LED, Power LED, Power SW, & Reset
SW).

The documentation for the Motherboard assumes the case has a (2x8) plug for
the Front Panel Harness. Without the Pin-Out for that (2x8) connector I
can't plug my Individual Front Panel Harness connectors onto the correct
Pins. I thought maybe someone out there has one of these boards, and would
have this information. By the way, the Jabil Website was of no help either.

This is the 4th AMD Processor based system I have built for my Family over
the years. Each time The Front Panel Harness has been individual connectors
& the Motherboard Documentation clearly stated what the Pin-Out was for all
Pins on the Motherboard so this has never been an issue.
Needless to say, I,m anxious to get this new system up & running. Any
information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist
A+ Certified Technician
http://www.rustysmith.com